Sunday, December 09, 2007

CPU Simulator on Google Code

No one might actually contribute, except myself, but I put my CPU Simulator project up on http://code.google.com/p/cpusimulator.

This wasn't just for the purpose of generating interest in this project, which is likely uninteresting to most people, but it was my first venture into creating/hosting my own project somewhere in the world. This is something that any self respecting developer should do at some point.

Overall I think Google Code is fabulous. I had my project up in minutes, with my code in Subversion. You get a wiki, downloads, administration, and a number of other things automatically.

Also, and awesomely, this helps me solve a major problem. I've been bitching that I have no way to easily link to code that I've written. Well, now, see this: http://cpusimulator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/main/com/joshcough/cpu/gates/NorGate.java. Totally awesome.

I was disappointed that you only get 10 projects lifetime, but I guess I'll have to choose them wisely. Maybe if I get to be a teacher, and I'm using several projects for teaching, they will lift that limit.

Anyway, I'm really happy. Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment