Thursday, September 20, 2007

Progress on Goals

So admittedly, I haven't made much progress on my goals the past few weeks. I've been concentrating on CruiseControl. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to revise them. The problem I'm having is that I'm so random. One day I'll be reading Spring and the next I'll be reading the History of Programming Languages. So what I think I should do is just write down anything and everything that I'm interested in. Here they are in no particular order:

  • History of Programming Languages
  • Scala
    • Scala Eclipse Plugin
  • Smalltalk
    • Squeak
  • Spring
  • Unit Testing
    • TestNG vs. JUnit
    • Unit Test Creation
      • Agitar
  • Concurrency
    • Testing Concurrency
  • FindBugs and the idea of FindBugs annotations
  • Developing new programming languages
    • Problems developing them
      • Library support
      • IDE/Refactoring support
      • Automated Unit Test creation support
  • Web Frameworks
    • Seam
    • Struts 2
    • Spring whatever
  • TDD
  • BDD
    • JBehave
  • Companies
    • ThoughtWorks
    • NYSE
      • How Stock Exchanges work
  • CruiseControl
    • Why CC Java Sucks Eggs
      • Why the new Dashboard isn't useful
  • Build Process
  • Extreme Programming
  • Dependency Injection
  • Aspect Oriented Programming
  • Compilers
    • Compiling to Java Byte Code
    • Compiling in IDE's
    • Building Compilers
    • AST
  • Operating Systems
  • Virtual Machines
  • OO
    • Design Patterns
    • Refactoring
    • Future of OO
  • Java
    • Annotations
    • New JSR's
    • Backwards Compatibility vs Forward Mobility
  • People
    • Doug Lea
    • Kent Beck
    • Martin Fowler
  • Legacy Code
  • Teaching
    • Agile Enablement
    • Giving Presentations
  • Constructors Considered Harmful
  • OSS Projects
    • I really need to get on one
  • Technology Evaluation
  • IDE's
    • Building Refactorings

OK GOD SOMEONE STOP ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment